Saturday 1 January 2011

Merry festive season and happy new thing bit

Mr Kettle and I didn't do presents for Christmas this year. It just didn't figure on our list of things to do.

For the first time I just wanted to celebrate getting through the year. Forget what the ads were telling me to buy for my loved ones; I'm pretty sure Mr Kettle's feelings about me will remain unchanged despite the presence or absence of Remington Steel in our lives.

What did figure in our festive season was hanging out with people who bloody rock. Sparkling shiraz tastes so much better on 25 December with people you love very much.

And as this post descends into true sentimentalism let me say just this: when my darling son, who only has a small amount of functional language, turned to me today and said, "It's very hot today, Mummy," I thought it was the best freakin' present ever.

You rock, little man.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a wonderful pressie indeed

    Mr.Squib gave me a Victoria Mason pencil shaving necklace beautifully wrapped by me with 'to my darling wife' (written by me) on an acorn gift tag. Oh! I have such good taste in my own presents!

    ReplyDelete